I’m subscribed to the blogs of 18+ leaders (and adding more as I discover them).
Today, I tweeted five of their recent posts, ones that I think are instructive for those who are interested in the art of leadership blogging.
I’m experimenting with how to best format these tweets. By the time I did the 4th one, it occurred to me to include:
- The #Leadership hashtag at the beginning with the phrase ‘blog post’
- Their name/Twitter username and their title/position/organization
- The topic
- My take on why it’s a good example of leadership blogging
- A short URL that links to the blog post
Here are my tweets of today’s five leadership blog posts worth noting:
- #Leadership blog post-CEO Richard Edelman: Story of his mtg w Elie Wiesel – value of making a difference http://bit.ly/clgqGx
- #Leadership blog post-Ventura City Mgr Rick Cole: Reframes adversarial extremes to face econ realities http://bit.ly/aPAbNQ
- Leadership blog post – Hospital CEO @Paulflevy Talking to people w cancer; 2 stories of listening http://bit.ly/aWFv0V
- Leadership blog post – @tom_peters: A story excerpt from a novel that illustrates reframing, recognition, emotional EQ http://bit.ly/cXzZf3
- Leadership blog post – Eden Prairie City Mgr Scott Neal on the death of an employee: Goodbye Dona http://bit.ly/aIHRcj
I’m not sure yet how often I’ll A) do this kind of tweeting; B) continue to blog the tweets.